Did you know that community-based mental health centers in Indiana:
- Treat over 116,000 individual Hoosier Assurance Plan clients annually
- Employ over 8,900 individuals statewide
- Provide services in each of Indiana’s 92 counties, ensuring critical access to mental health services to all eligible citizens statewide
- Utilize over $294 million in Medicaid Rehabilitation Option funds, including over $119 million in state funds and $32 million in county funds
- Reduce hospital stays and incarceration costs by providing a continuum of care within their communities
- Are the only providers of Medicaid services in the state required to help pay the federally required state “match”
- Indiana community mental health centers have played a critical role in Indiana’s decision to close state based mental health institutions by allowing clients to continue receiving services in a community based setting and thereby saving Indiana state government millions of dollars.